Arrival and registration ↑
Group leaders, helpers and employees must register themselves at the North entrance (Bereich Nord) on their initial arrival in Düsseldorf.
- The group leader registers on behalf of his/her group (in the vicinity of entrances Nord B or Nord D).
- On Thursday, group members can go directly through with their participant’s pass.
- Group leaders will then go to the logistics hall 17 (on Thursday) to collect the access wrist bands for their respective group members. The welcoming packages can also be collected there.
- From Friday onward, access to the premises and to the Arena will only be possible with the coloured wrist band and the pass.
Should groups arrive for the first time on Friday, their group leaders must report in at the vicinity of the North entrance, where they will be given the wrist bands for their group members, who must wait first in the outer area to receive their wrist bands before they can proceed through to the Messe premises.
Helpers and employees
Helpers and employees must report in personally at the helper point. This is located near the entrance Nord A (accessible at street level), and is where they will receive their wrist bands.
Those who will be sleeping in the youth camp can bring their baggage to the dormitory halls, once their arrival has been registered. They will then be allocated to their sleeping space. The number of the dormitory hall is printed on their participant’s pass.
Delivery of participants' passes ↑
The passes have been sent by post from Monday, 13th May 2019.
- Participants in Germany will receive their copy of the guide with their access tickets.
- The participants from other European countries will have received their passes with a plastic protective envelope, but without the guide. The English version of the guide will firstly be handed out in Düsseldorf.
- Participants from non-European countries will receive their documents on arrival at the Düsseldorf Messe (or, by previous arrangement, at the airport - see the information in the guide).
- Helpers and employees will also receive copies of the guide when they arrive in Düsseldorf.
The organisers recommend that the participants pass is folded and placed in the protective envelope before arrival. In this way it will be protected and can be directly fixed to the lanyard, which will be handed out on initial registration at the Eingangsbereich Nord (North entrance).
If your passes haven't been delivered on time, they can be re-printed when checking in at the Messe. This requires the group leader to report in at the Northern entrance (Eingang Nord).
Information about broadcasting programme events on the internet ↑
It is anticipated that some of the central events will be broadcast over the internet, so that the youth around the world can take part in the International Youth Convention.
The big events are also planned to be openly streamed in the social networks. The intention is to broadcast in YouTube(Channel International Youth Convention 2019) and Facebook (page: International YouthConvention 2019).
The following events are
planned to be broadcast:
- the divine service on Ascension Day, 30th May 2019, 6 – 7 p.m.
- the opening ceremony in the Arena, 31st May 2019, 11 -12 a.m.
- podium discussion with Chief Apostle Schneider, 1st June 2019, 11 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
- Show YOUR Talent 2: the Bischoff Media Song Contest, 1st June 2019, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- #HereThereEverywhere – Jesus the Light In Us, 1st June 2019, 7:30 – 9 p.m.
- the divine service with Chief Apostle Schneider, 2nd June 2019, 10 -12 a.m.
Copyright restrictions may prevent some musical items from being broadcast, and therefore muting the sound of those items. In that instance, text captions will be screened to inform.
Singers in the IYC Choir with incorrect seat locations ↑
Some singers in the IYCC (International Youth Convention Choir) have not been recorded in the registration system as members of the choir. As each participant has been allocated to a particular part of the Arena, as shown on their pass, the choir members affected will be given an additional access arm band. This arm band will allow entry to the choir area.
For ministers: dispensing Holy Communion ↑
Ministers who will be required to dispense Holy Communion have already been informed. A sufficient number of Priests have already made contact, so that not all ministers will be needed. Those who haven't yet had a reply are not currently being planned. They may however be called upon should illness cause shortfalls. Therefore, the team may contact ministers at short notice should further support be necessary.
Reserving events on the programme: participants without an email address ↑
Reservations are made online, through the programme heading. The pre-condition is an account on the IYC website. Participants will generally have been given an account in the registration process. Those without an email account must log in using their participant's number and the password in their profile, given by their group leader. Group leaders can generate new passwords if necessary.
VHF radio - settings ↑
- Polish: channel E1, 88.10 MHz (on the radio), 91.0 MHz (approved)
- Original: channel E2, 91.00 MHz (on the radio), 91.00 MHz (approved)
- English: channel E3, 92.50 MHz (on the radio), 92.50 MHz (approved)
- French: channel E4, 93.30 MHz (on the radio), 93.30 MHz (approved)
- Dutch: channel E5, 94.60 MHz (on the radio), 94.60 MHz (approved)
- Portuguese: channel E6, 95.50 MHz (on the radio), 95.50 MHz (approved)
- Russian: channel E7, 96.80 MHz (on the radio), 96.80 MHz (approved)
- Spanish: channel E8, 98.30 MHz (on the radio), 98.30 MHz (approved)
- Hungarian: channel E9, 99.60 MHz (on the radio), 99.60 MHz (approved)
- Italian: channel Ea, 100.20 MHz (auf on the radio), 100.20 MHz (approved)
- Rumanian: channel Eb, 101.70 MHz (on the radio), 107.70 MHz (approved)
Update of the IYC app ↑
The latest version of the IYC app is out, in time for the start of the IYC 2019:
- Log on or off – straight from the app
- keep an eye on the exhibition grounds with all its halls
- Search the programme, with the help of a filter, for the events of your interest and book your place there through the app
- Find the location of your programme event on the map with one click
- Receive the latest information up-to-date on your smartphone (active “News”)