Downloading the Programme Guide ↑
The guide of the International Youth Convention 2019 contains almost 300 pages. It gives you an overview of the programme, of together more than 400 hours, which are available to you in Düsseldorf. The programme is sorted in three ways: according to event location, to event theme and lastly chronologically (with details). The guide also has detailed plans of the Messe layout, with a plan of the individual halls.
The guide's information is rounded off with lots of information about arrival, registering and overnighting. For example, it has a detailed timetable of the local public transport in Düsseldorf (including a special timetable for the Youth Convention).
Changes to the Guide after going to press ↑
The following programme items have been added:
- "Coming out and pastoral care - challenges for all concerned", Saturday, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m., CCD-Süd - room 3
Location and/or times of the following programme items have changed:
- "Open singing: experience the singflow" --> NEW: Friday, 2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. - CCD Süd - room 3 (Music pavilion)
- "International girls"--> NEW: Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 5 p.m. - CCD Süd - room 3 (Music pavilion)
- "GospelproJekt: Thank You(th) - Final Praise & Worship", Sunday, 3.p.m. - 4 p.m. --> NEW: stage Hall 5 (instead of Hall 8b)
The following presentations are cancelled:
- "Sexuality and family planning", Friday, 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- "Experience abroad - being abroad!" (EN), Friday, 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- "Fremdes Feuer, Krankenlager und Wolke treuer Zeugen: the sermon as a foreign language?", Friday, 3 p.m.-4 p.m.
Forecast of the programme ↑
Step 3: The final programme ↑
The programme plan is completed and is being revealed bit by bit. The following elements are foreseen:
- An online overview of all events with a filter option (on the website and in the app)
- A printed guide for all participants (postal delivery from mid May and only within Germany, for cost reasons and because of longer delivery times to other countries)
- A digital version of the guide in PDF (to be available on the website when finally completed)
Individual programme items will also be available as a PDF document, in A4 size, .
Step 2: The programme in outline ↑
A rough programme outline was produced on the basis of the first plans and ideas sent in. From the entries received, the programme envisages a number of opening divine services to be held on Ascension Day, 30th May 2019 at 6 p.m., in various languages in the exhibition halls. All participants are warmly invited to attend.
The International Youth Convention will be opened on the Friday morning in the Arena, which is adjacent to the exhibition ground. This will be followed by a programme of display booths and various events in the exhibition halls with over 200 programme items.
Various musical events will run on the evenings of Friday and Saturday in the Arena: on Friday the pop oratorio, “I AM”, in the English language and on Saturday, an evening to set the scene for Sunday. In addition, a musical programme is planned for both evenings in the exhibition halls and on the open-air stage between the youth camps
The weekend’s celebrations will conclude on Sunday with a closing divine service in the Arena for all participants, together with Chief Apostle Jean-Luc Schneider.
Step 1: Survey of expectations ↑
The first step was to determine what the young Christians expect from the programme of the International Youth Convention. All potential visitors to the International Youth Convention 2019 were given the opportunity in April and May 2017 to express their preferences and interests in an online questionnaire.
The survey results were published in the second half of 2017. They were included in the ongoing programme planning. The opportunity was also given for specific items programme items or ideas to be sent in by late summer of 2018.